I'd like to thank My Thoughts Are Like Butterflies for nominating me for a Liebster Award. Pretty much everyone who's been nominated has never heard of this award before, but I'll bite because it never hurts to recognize my fellow bloggers! Also, because it's like a chain letter but without the "someone will die" threat that's all too common.
Here's the rules, as copied and pasted from other Liebster-nominated sites:
1. What flavor note in tea just drives you happy crazy, you know is so good you kinda fall over in happiness?
If it's 'chocolatey', it's probably gonna make me happy.
2. Most wonderful tea themed memory?
Hard to choose one, but : having cream tea at Tea and Sympathy for the first time. Eye-opening.
3. What is your favorite game (it can be board, video, RPG, any game at all) and why?
I'm not much for games, though a trivia-based game, whether board or video usually works for me!
4. What is the strangest dream you ever had?
The one where I had to look for Mary I of England in the Lower East Side is up there.
5. What inspires you the most?
Coming across a well-written poem or novel, or a particularly moving painting at a museum moves me to do better.
6. Favorite place you have ever visited?
London. No surprise there.
7. Favorite snack and why?
Cereal - because it's fun!
8. Most disgusting thing you ever ate (on purpose)?
Grasshopper from a taco. I can still feel that leg stuck in my throat.
9. Favorite post-apocalyptic setting? Why?
Not big on post-apocalyptic settings, but I like Doctor Who, so any episode that falls in that category would be it, I suppose.
10. What is your favorite classic monster? Why?
On the same theme, the Daleks. They're evil, but they are also pretty snarky - watch them face off with the Cybermen.
11. Favorite One Hit Wonder?
Come on Eileen by Dexy's Midnight Runners makes me happy for no particular reason.
So I'm nominating the following bloggers - some of whom I know in person, and some I may never meet (sad). What they have in common is that I've read their blogs at some point in the past few months:
Tea For Me Please
The Kettle Meddler
Stop Me If You've Heard This One
Roses and Vellum
Cynthia Holt Events
Here's my questions - have fun!:
- What's a project you're currently working on?
- Name a book you're really into right now.
- You can automatically speak and read another language besides your mother tongue fluently - which language would you choose?
- What grammatical or spelling error really grinds your gears? (I apologize if I've used any in this post.)
- You're planning a family/friend/fellow blogger/League of Evil gathering, and money is no object. In what location would this gathering take place, and why?
- Has your writing been published elsewhere?
- What's your shower song?
- What is something that you view as a waste of time (not counting these questions)?
- Which sense leads you the most?
- First concert?
- Who sees you without makeup?